The constant evolution of clean technologies has created a challenging and complex industry that requires a unique skill set that goes beyond the typical MBA classroom. The CleanTech Fellows Program at the McCombs School of Business focuses on bridging this gap and fostering relationships with CleanTech firms by providing a stream of qualified MBA interns and full-time hires.
To develop future leaders in the CleanTech industry by offering an unparalleled learning experience that consists of direct work experience within well-established CleanTech firms and a curriculum focused on the intricacies of the CleanTech environment. We achieve this mission through the following actions:
- The recruitment of exceptional McCombs MBA students with a strong interest in the CleanTech industry.
- Partner with reputable CleanTech firms and place students within these firms for a two semester internship; consisting of 10-12 hrs of work per week.
- Administer a curriculum dedicated to the CleanTech industry, including basic science of energy, law and engineering; comprises of applicable readings, seminars, guest speakers and conventions.
- Generate tangible value for participating CleanTech companies, the CleanTech Fellows and other parties affiliated with the program
- Current Participating Firms
- Austin Technology Incubator (ATI)
- Good Company Associates
- Xtreme Power
Summer internships are a great opportunity to identify future members of your company.
Nearly 100% of the MBA class finds a 12 week internship during the summer between the first and second years of the program. This engagement runs from mid May through mid August. These internships are almost always paid (Non-profit roles are occasionally not) and operate best if you can provide one or two encapsulated projects a student can tackle alone or as a part of a team.
Students vary widely in their previous 4-5 years of work experience and we are happy to help you identify a student that fits the projects you are taking on, however, all of our students have a solid understanding of corporate finance, marketing strategy, and operations planning. Most importantly, all of our students have a sincere interest in clean technologies.
Please contact one of our leadership team to hear more about summer internships.
MBA+ connects students to companies through short-term micro-consulting projects in the fall, spring or summer. The project client provides a current business question to be addressed, and McCombs provides a team of 4-6 students to tackle the issue. MBA+ coaches guides the team through the project management process. At the end of a 4 to 10-week project period, the team reports their findings and recommendations to their client.
MBA+ projects are a great way to get exposure to numerous students who are interested in your organization and industry.